Project 2070 has been launched to enable the Parish Room to function for at least the next 50 years, in the manner that the providers of the Building bequeathed to the Titchfield Village in 1890. A recent survey undertaken by the Trust confirms that the roof needs replacement and the interior major refurbishment. A TVT sub committee run by Adrian Whyntie has been established to raise the money necessary, thought to be in excess of £250,000. Further sub-committees e.g. Building Management, will be formed and an organisation structure published.
If you would like to donate towards this worthy cause you can do this by CHQ payable to “The Titchfield Village Trust” and send to Nick Girdler the Chairman of the Trust, (details in the About page) or make a payment to the Project 2070 account: – The Titchfield Village Trust, Sort Code 09-01-29 Account no. 42343347
This page will be updated with the progress of the Project
Current Summary of Milestones (Dated 23rd Aug 2019)
- The Titchfield Parish Room (TPR) agreed to merge with the Titchfield Village Trust (TVT) at their AGM on 1st April 2019
- The Titchfield Village Trust agreed to this merger at their AGM
- Open Village Meeting held on 28th May which endorsed the proposal
- The TVT became a Charitable Incorporated Organisation in July 2019 with a new Charity no. 1184545, to enable it to take on the Building lease from the Portsmouth Diocese. The Charity Commission have accepted all this but won’t implement the full merger until a new lease has been signed. The new TVT has 4 Trustees
- Chairman – Nick Girdler
- Treasurer – Digby Hands
- Secretary – Mary Burner
- Trustee – Lindsey Bailey
- Project 2070 Account opened 23rd Aug 2019
- Negotiate the new lease with Portsmouth Diocese. The new lease would be for 64 years implementing clause 5 of the current lease.
- The Building Management Committee to develop the plan for the refurbishment and establish the projects budget.
- Plan the Fund raising, research and activities